i found this lovely meme over at sara's i like to cook.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
i lived outside the u s of a for more than two months. i bought a mac. i traveled and hiked by myself. i went canyoning in interlaken.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
dang, i can't even remember what my last year's resolutions were, but i'm sure they had something to do with money and weight ... and sadly, if that is true, none were kept!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
france, switzerland, spain, germany (twice), italy, czech, and hungary
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
direction and confidence
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
the day i realized how fortunate i am to have mr. mimi in my life
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
living on my own (even if it was only for two months)
9. What was your biggest failure?
i failed to be excited about the school i am attending
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
those lawyers working pro bono on behalf of detainees at guatanamo
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
george w. bush and all his cronies
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
the coldplay/radin/snow patrol/shins/etc playlist that i had on my ipod and which i played over and over and over again while in geneva
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
fatter ... ugh!!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
swim and read
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. How many one-night stands?
too many to count!! haha, just kidding
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
i have never hated anyone ... oh wait, yes, i hate A even more now
25. What was the best book you read?
in 2007? the best book was the kite runner ... i think, i can't remember what i read :(
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
work in the field
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
not technically correct, because it was a film from last year, but i only saw it this year, and loved the lives of others
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
it was the first time (in a long time) i did something actually *on* my birthday ... had a lovely dinner with friends at tempo
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
if i advanced in my french studies
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
less is more
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
i am in love with zach
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
torture. and civil rights for gays and lesbians (the perennial issue for moi)
36. Who did you miss?
the girl i always miss ... RL
37. Who was the best new person you met?
MC ... the man of a million amazing stories (and a couple old-fashioned naughty jokes to boot)
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
take the risk (and stop needlessly comparing myself to everyone else)
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
when the truth is ... i miss you