26.10.08

do you see what i see?

for the more technologically advanced ... how do i deal with the fact that screens display color and brightness so differently? is there any way to compensate when using photoshop so that a digital photograph is rendered visually the same on any screen?

i am researching how to calibrate my own screen for color management; but assuming that most people don't go that far, is there any way to be in control of how others see my photos (who don't calibrate their screens)?

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, no, there is not. I have, in the past, calibrated my monitors to the best of my ability without using an actual calibration device (the spyder or something like that), and I have found that pictures that look great on my calibrated screen often appeared too dark on the uncalibrated screen.

    ReplyDelete